Brother Ronald Giannone, founder and executive director of the Ministry of Caring, began establishing the Village of St. John Board of Directors in 2017. Even before the housing complex was established, he was delighted when former Wilmington Mayor James M. Baker both supported the proposal and, later, agreed to serve as the first president of its Board of Directors.
That was early in the process of planning the adaptive reuse of the Episcopal Diocese of Wilmington’s former Cathedral Church of St. John to help meet Wilmington’s well-documented need for safe housing suitable for seniors of modest means.
Village of St. John staff
- Brother Ronald Giannone, OFM Cap., Executive Director
- Sonja Graham, Manager
- Christina E. Stanley, Vice President, East Coast Property Management
- Tammy Baynum, Program Coordinator, East Coast Property Management
Village of St. John Board of Directors
- The Honorable James M. Baker, President
- Anne Foster, Esq., Vice President
- Mark L. Reardon, Esq., Secretary
- Todd Veale, Treasurer
- Arthur G. Connolly III, Esq.
- Norman D. Griffiths
- James Roszkowski
- Michael Szczerba
- Wendie Stabler, Esq.
- Jane Vincent